Compass helps our hospital partners “win” in their markets by not only executing their ASC-based surgery strategy, but also by being fully immersed in the market and capitalizing on opportunities when available.
Hospitals are increasingly viewing ASCs as a tool to grow market share and deliver value rather than a drag on hospital-based revenue.
HEALTH SYSTEMS SHOULD BE ASKING THEMSELVES:
- How do we leverage an ASC partnership to achieve the strategic goals of the institution?
- What is our physician strategy and how can we use ASCs to keep our existing physician partners engaged and attract additional physicians, whether employed or independent?
- How do we create a competitive advantage in the marketplace to protect the mission of the hospital?
- How will new ASC partnerships impact ancillary service lines and inpatient business?
- How can our ACO or Clinically Integrated Networks benefit from an ASC solution/offering to independent physicians, especially those not currently in our network?
- How do we ensure that the hospital bureaucracy doesn't overbuild, overequip and overstaff the venture?
For years, Compass Surgical Partners' executives have been working with Hospital and health system leaders to establish and execute upon ambulatory strategies. We have deep expertise, and many examples, in multiple markets, of successfully aligning Health Systems' core strategies to create physician partnerships (generally through the establishment of ASC partnerships) that expand their market presence.
We typically help hospitals in two ways:
- Assist system leadership in mapping out an ASC strategy across existing or emerging markets first through a strategic consulting engagement
- Execute ASC projects, either as part of a broad strategy or as a one-off surgery center
For more information, read our hospital strategy issue brief: THE AMBULATORY SURGERY CENTER DILEMMA: WHEN TO LET GO OF HOPD REIMBURSEMENT?
Just need guidance or an opinion? Call us - (919) 329 - 2882.